Top of the morning to all of you Aspen Heights residents out there. As the beautiful green leaves of Spring are quickly approaching, we wanted to make sure you’re all prepared for an even greener time of the year, St. Patrick’s Day! This is always such a fun holiday, whether you’re hoping to celebrate your Irish roots or you simply just want an excuse to celebrate, and what better place to celebrate than Harrisonburg? Okay… maybe Ireland would be the best place to celebrate, but this is a close second! With so many amazing St. Patty’s Day specials going on all around town, we’re here to highlight a few so you don’t miss out on all of the leprechaun-loving fun!
IMAGE: Boston Beanery
1. An obvious must-do will be the Boston Beanery. Fully immersing in the St. Patrick’s Day spirit, the Boston Beanery will be featuring bag pipes, tons of food and awesome drink specials. There will even be a “Pot of Gold” given out every hour consisting of a bunch of great coupons and prizes. So let your inner leprechaun shine and follow that rainbow right on over to Boston Beanery. Make sure to get there early, as their St. Patrick’s Day celebration tends to get packed fast!
Corgan’s Publick House
IMAGE: Corgan’s Publick House
2. Corgan’s Publick House will be another place you don’t want to miss on St. Patty’s. They stay true to the Irish spirit all year long, offering Irish Nachos, Guinness Stew, Fish and Chips and many more unique Irish dishes. The cozy, pub-esque interior will also be sure to get you into a St. Patrick’s Day mood.
Billy Jack’s and Jack Brown
3. Want to see some men in kilts? Head over to Billy Jack’s and Jack Brown’s. Along with admiring their glorious fashion sense, you’ll be able to listen to Irish music and enjoy even more delicious food. You’ll especially be feeling the luck of the Irish after trying the “Lucky Leprechaun” burger at Jack Brown’s! Don’t forget to finish off your meal with their featured green beer from Blue Mountain!
IMAGE: Jimmy Madison’s
4. Jimmy Madison’s is one more place to highlight on our list, offering authentic dishes on the holiday from corned beef and cabbage to bangers and mash. No one knows whiskey like the Scotts and the Irish, so you’ll definitely have to try some of the Irish Whiskeys featured on their menu too (as long as you’re of age of course!).
Capital Ale House
IMAGE: Capital Ale House
5. Lastly, Capital Ale House will be another great place to visit. From Celtic music to an extensive holiday menu, they will be featuring more delectable dishes, such as dill and whiskey cured salmon and Irish stout cheesecake. You’ll also be able to try some of their special Irish beverages, including Guiness and even some local options such as Red Molly Irish Ale from Pale Fire Brewing and Scarlet Empire from Brothers Brewery.
Now we at Aspen Heights definitely want to promote healthy eating as you celebrate the St. Patrick’s Day holiday, so we recommend making sure you eat your greens while you’re out and about on March 17th.
Whether you’re trying to find delicious specialty foods, beers and whiskey, or even free concerts (check out the Highland Strains Concert at the Edith J. Carrier Arboretum), we’re confident you’ll have a great time on St. Patrick’s Day! Just be safe and most importantly, wear lots of green so you don’t get pinched!